Frequent errors in stainless steel pipe processing
with many years of research and work in the field of stainless steel pipe processing, swiss tech schreiner understands the concerns and difficulties of mechanics in the industry. choosing a good brand of material is one thing; processing and maintaining it are another. therefore, a team of technical experts from swiss tech schreiner entered, researched, and found out the causes as well as solutions for common errors in stainless steel pipe processing. if you fall into the following situations, please rest assured and solve them according to our instructions!
- the solder joint is burned due to overheating, and the welding current is large.
- lack of shielding gas, possibly due to stick welding (hand arc).
- the welding needle has been jailed and handled inappropriately.
- using a dedicated tig welding machine in stainless steel pipe processing, adjust the parameters of the current, argon gas, welding needle, welding angle, and speed accordingly.
- manual arc welding is not recommended.
- once the weld has been burned, polish it to restore the bright whiteness of stainless steel.
the surface of the pipe box is stained and covered with rust
- identify errors caused by the machining process when cutting, such as sparks or metal shavings hitting the stainless steel surface, causing burns, or sticking to the surface without being cleaned and polished immediately.
- when left out in nature where there is moisture or wet rainwater, the location is quickly rusted.
- cutting sparks shoot sparks and mites onto stainless steel surfaces when cutting and machining at the factory.
- cutting sparks shoot sparks and mites onto the surface when installing or repairing in the field.
- at the scene, corrugated iron and black steel workers processed the upper roof, generating sparks, iron filings, and rust that shot onto the stainless steel surface below.
how to fix
- when processing at the factory as well as when installing in the field, it is necessary to leave the plastic protective packaging of the pipe—the manufacturer's box—for cutting.
- cover and protect the most exposed positions of stainless steel surfaces at risk of damage.
- for high-low areas, the parts need to be machined, installed above the front and below the rear, and have suitable shielding.
- in the field, if making both iron and stainless steel, priority should be given to making iron first.
- maximum protection of the surface when processing and installing, before handing over the work.
- if sparks or iron filings are found on the stainless steel surface, the surface must be cleaned and polished immediately.
note: you need to polish it immediately because the longer you leave it, the more difficult it is to handle and the heavier the level is.
the surface has rust marks, deep scratches, and depressions and impacts.
- because the surface is scratched due to impact, pulling, sliding due to bending, etc., this breaks the bond of the protective film of chromium oxide (cr2o3).
- there are scratches that do not re-polish the surface after the machining process is completed.
- when exposed to a dusty environment, rainwater soaked the outside at this spot, which quickly rusted.
the machining process when bending the pipe surface—the box comes into contact with the carbon steel mold or the bending mold is not cleaned—causes scratches on the stainless steel surface, causing the protective chromium oxide film to disengage.
scratches caused by dragging, impacting, clamping, etc. arise during processing, transportation, and installation.
what is the best method to remove rust spots from a stainless steel surfaice?
- cream or water is applied; it is sprayed directly on the stains (rust).
- use a clean cloth to wipe until all traces of iron rust are gone.
- after treating all stains and rust, it is best to use a hand-held polisher with white felt or cloth and (medicine) to seal the stainless steel surface. to passivate and restore it, it forms a chromium oxide film.
- then use stone powder to clean it, and the stainless steel surface will be shiny again.
note: this method is fast and effective for large nooks and crannies that are difficult to handle.
- using a hand polisher, polish a fine grain ball, a white felt, or a litchi (medicine).
- clean the rusted surface, clean the surface, and re-polish in combination with specialized wax.
- then wipe the surface with stone powder.
the method of welding stainless steel pipes processing requires a careful calculation and balance between the methods to be able to bring about work efficiency as well as economic efficiency. with the information provided in the article, hopefully it can help you in choosing the right welding method, need industrial welding equipment for the job, you can contact us through the information below.
swiss tech schreiner.
add: ch 4153 reinach and hcm city vietnam
hotline: (+84) 931 - 386 - 062
phone: (+84) 931 - 386 - 062
+84931386062 ( zalo / viber / whatsapp )